The Québec Government has undertaken to ensure that its websites are accessible for people with motor, visual and auditory disabilities. This website complies with the website accessibility standards (SGQRI 008-01) adopted by the Government on May 10, 2011.
We have taken the following steps, among others:
- We have structured all our pages with hierarchized titles.
- We have provided a textual equivalent for all images.
- We have added descriptive wording to form fields.
- We have added content explanations to all links.
- We have separated the content and structure of the site using CSS style sheets.
- We have used valid codes and style sheets.
- We have avoided pop-up windows.
- We have not presented information in the form of data tables.
- We have developed consistent navigation mechanisms that are easy to understand.
- We have used terminology that is as simple as possible.
- We have provided a link allowing users to bypass navigation and access the content directly.
The site uses XHTML 1.0 Transitional markup language and complies with Cascading Style Sheets Level 3 - CSS 3.
Site accessibility has been verified using the following tools:
- W3C HTML validator
- Firefox, version 3.6
- Internet Explorer versions 6,7 and 8
- Google Chrome 5
- Safari 4
- Web toolbar, version 1.1.9 developed for Firefox
- Firebug module, version 1.8.1 for Firefox
If you encounter problems, please use our toll-free number, 1 866 266-0008.