Procedure to Follow
You can obtain the rebate amount you are entitled to directly from your dealer.
How Are Rebates Granted?
At the time of the transaction and with your authorization, your dealer will fill out your rebate application form for your new vehicle. The dealer checks your eligibility for the program and confirms the exact amount of the rebate.
Your dealer must submit your application along with the following:
- One complete copy of your bill of sale or long-term lease contract
- One copy of SAAQ proof of service
- One copy of the New Vehicle Information Statement (NVIS) form, signed by the car dealer
- Duly completed application form, with your signature and the car dealer's one if applicable
Some personal information will also be required.
You are required to provide your Social Insurance Number (SIN). This allows the program manager to identify you and complete an RL-27 Slip in your name.
Once the form is completed, your dealer will ask you to sign a copy of your application. Your signature will confirm that you authorize the government to disburse your rebate directly to your dealer, who can then subtract the rebate amount from the total cost of your vehicle (including applicable fees and taxes).
Application made directly by the individual
If your dealership does not offer to deduct the rebate immediately from the price of your vehicle, or if you have purchased a low-speed electric vehicle or electric motorcycle, you must complete the rebate application yourself.
Here is the procedure to follow:
- Fill out the Application Form (Format PDF)
- Sign the paper copy
- Be sure to enclose all required supporting documents with your application:
- Copy of the bill of sale or lease contract for your vehicle, including pages with signatures
- Copy of the New Vehicle Information Statement (NVIS) form produced by the manufacturer
- Copy of the proof of the vehicle registration certificate, including page with your signature
- Send your application and the supporting documents to the program manager:
Drive Green program - Drive Electric component
Transition énergétique Québec
5700, 4e Avenue Ouest, B 406
Québec (Québec) G1H 6R1
Three electric vehicles in the same year
If you want to apply for a rebate for three or more electric vehicles in the same year, the minimum registration period in Québec will then be 36 months for each vehicle.
If the vehicles have not been purchased but are subject to a lease agreement with the dealer, each vehicle's lease period must also be at least 36 months.
Businesses and municipalities
The program is also offered to businesses, nonprofit organizations, and municipalities.