The government has modified the Drive Electric Program with Budget 2017-2018.
Consult a summary.
The contents of this website has been updated to reflect all of the changes.
A Refund forYour
Home Charging Station
Procedure to Follow
You can file an application for a refund if you own or lease an all-electric, a plug-in hybrid vehicle or a motorcycle and you have purchased and installed a charging station for home use at your home.
You will need the following information and documents to file your application:
- Vehicle Identification Number of your vehicle
- Invoice for your charging station
- Invoice(s) for the installation of a station at your home
If you have bought a used vehicle, you must also submit the following documents:
- the full purchase agreement;
- a copy of the SAAQ proof of service or the signed registration certificate.
Specific information must appear on the invoices and the proofs of purchase. They are listed on the first page of the form.
Completion of the work
In the province of Québec, the Building Code requires all electrical work to be carried out by an electrical contractor with a licence from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec. However, you can choose not to claim installation expenses is your home is already equipped with a 240V electrical outlet that complies with current regulations.
ATTENTION: Only the owner of the electric vehicle can submit an application for a charging station refund.
- The spouse of the electric vehicle owner is not eligible for the Drive Electric Program and cannot apply for a charging station refund.
- If the electric vehicle is registered to a company, only the company can apply for a refund by submitting invoices and proof of payment made out to the company and showing that the charging station is installed at the home of one of the users of the business vehicle.
Here is the procedure to follow to file your application:
- Fill out the online form Rebate for a home charging station (PDF Format).
- Print it and sign it
- Make sure to attach the required supporting documents to your application:
- invoice for the charging station
- invoice for the installation of the charging station at your home
- Send the application and supporting documents to the program manager at:
Drive Green program - Drive Electric component
Transition énergétique Québec
5700, 4e Avenue Ouest, B 406
Québec (Québec) G1H 6R1
For More Information
For information on all the terms and conditions for participating in the program or to learn more about how rebates are calculated, see the Detailed Applicant’s Guide (PDF Format) or the program's Normative Framework (PDF Format).